We are an independent Christian charity committed to helping young people, particularly at times of need, regardless of gender, race, ability or faith. We are also registered social landlord and company limited by guarantee.
We were formed as Derby YMCA in 1847 and our head office known as The campus moved to the current location on London Road in Wilmorton in 1967. Derby YMCA became YMCA Derbyshire in 2004 to reflect our growing activities across the county. We now operate across Derbyshire – in Derby, Chesterfield, Ilkeston and we are aiming to further expand our reach within the county.
We are affiliated to the National and international YMCA Movement, to which there are 530 YMCA branches in England.