Caroline is Monitoring and Evaluation Administrator for YMCA Derbyshire and is based at the Campus in Derby.
1. What does your day job involve, Caroline?
I provide statistics, information and reports, collate data, and also admin support for various departments.
2. What’s the most interesting thing about working for a charity like the YMCA?
Days are rarely the same. Even in a predominantly admin-based role, I find there is variety and opportunity to get involved and learn about other aspects of work at the YMCA.
3. What do you enjoy most about your role with YMCA Derbyshire?
It helps contribute to a common good and it’s relevancy to real life isn’t detached. I also appreciate the outlook and commitment of the people I work with. They make a positive difference to people’s lives.
4. When you’re not working, how do you spend your downtime?
With my rescue Greyhound walking, playing and napping. I also help tend to a flock of sheep!
5. And who would be your dream dinner guest?
Alain de Botton, the founder and Chairman of The School of Life, and author of many books that have been described as a ‘philosophy of everyday life.’