Pauline Neave is one of YMCA Derbyshire’s valued Housekeepers. Pauline has had various roles over the years at YMCA Derbyshire, including working in the finance department.
1. You have a nickname amongst the YMCA Derbyshire community, what is it and why are you called it?
It’s ‘Nan’, I believe its because I remind people, including the residents, of their Nan.
2. What’s the most interesting thing about working for a charity like the YMCA?
Meeting interesting people, including the residents and my colleagues.
3. And the most challenging?
Perhaps getting used to certain housekeeping roles that are not particularly palatable.
4. What do you enjoy most about your role with YMCA Derbyshire?
I am very sociable and enjoy working with my colleagues. I also enjoy chatting with the residents.
5. When you’re not working, how do you spend your downtime?
I look after my grandchildren and visit a friend who doesn’t live in Derby. I also read and I enjoy television soaps.