Do you want to make a difference by providing guidance and support to young people, helping them on the road to personal and vocational achievement? Our mentoring project may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Our young people have aspirations to succeed, all they lack is a network of support and appropriate role models to help them navigate the road to success.
What does the mentoring role involve?
- Supporting young people to realise their assets and talents.
- Being a ‘listening ear’ for young people to share their thoughts, concerns and successes.
- Empowering young people to succeed
- Having regular meetings with young people at YMCA Campuses.
What we ask of those mentoring:
- We anticipate mentors volunteering for around 4 hours per month for a minimum of six months
- Patience and understanding
- Positive, supportive and encouraging attitude
- A keen interest in helping young people to belong, contribute and thrive