INSET day Sports and Arts Club
Indoor After-School Clubs
After School Club
In the shape of sports activities
Our experienced and dedicated team provide a safe, friendly environment for your child that provides lots of exciting sports activities after school.
In the shape of a Holiday Provision
YMCA Derbyshire offers a diverse range of energetic and engaging activities for children aged 5-12 years of age during school holidays.
What our Multi-Sports Club will offer:
A typical day at one of our Multi-Sports Club is extremely diverse.
- Our fun and friendly professional qualified leaders provide a wide variety of sports activities. This includes: dodgeball, football, basketball, invasion games, benchball, rounders and many more
- We make sure each child is on their feet, getting stuck in and using up lots of energy
Our Multi-Sports Club has the following objectives:
- Provide appropriate, meaningful and exciting play opportunities for children/young people aged 5– 12 years
- Make this provision irrespective of ability, race, culture, religion and social and economic circumstances
- Ensure that children/young people are supported effectively to ensure maximum participation and enjoyment
- Encourage children/young people to become group leaders – improving communication, confidence and self-esteem
- Consider at all times the welfare and safety of children/young people
- Create for the children/young people an environment which promotes physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual and educational development through play
In the shape of PE lessons and classroom lessons including French and PSHE
Our experienced and dedicated team provides high quality, cost-effective and tailor-made PPA cover to local schools in the form of PE lessons ensuring children have at least one hour of quality physical education a week. We also provide classroom lessons in the form of French and PSHE.
All our staff members are first aid-trained, possess up-to-date Enhanced DBS certificates and have numerous sporting and non-sporting qualifications to their names.
In regards to Physical Education they work with teachers to plan exciting lessons and will also complete risk assessments for their activities. What’s more, they support teachers in the final end-of-year reports by providing child assessments at the end of every subject area taught.
We provide every aspect of the PE curriculum:
Striking and fielding